AidaIro (あいだいろ) are the authors of Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun. They are a team consisting of Iro, the writer, and Aida, the illustrator of the series.
They are also the creators behind several older works, such as the Fox-Masked Guardian Spirit and a visual novel, Narisokonai Snow White (alternatively known as Half-Baked Snow White).
Referencing from the end credits, Aida's former pen name is Aida Hano and Iro's pen name is Tokuna Nozomi.
Narisokonai Snow White
Once upon a time in a country called Engelland, there lived a slightly selfish and narcissistic but still very beautiful little princess.
"Hey Estelio, who's the fairest of them all?"
"Why, Princess, that would be yourself."
The princess was much beloved for being the most beautiful girl in the country, but one day her father remarried, and her new stepsister Nocsia was even more beautiful than she, and with a much more agreeable personality--
"H-hey Estelio, who's the fairest of them all...?"
"Why, Princess, that would be..."
This is the story of a slightly selfish princess and her manservant, a boy as brutally honest as a mirror.
It’s exam time at Lumieria Magic School and apprentice witch Killey is busy studying. Her familiar Nica offers to take care of the house during the exams…will this clumsy familiar find a way to help his mistress?
Fox-Masked Guardian Spirit
All children belong to god until they turn seven.
"Until the day you turn seven and become a child of the humans, I will protect you."
Money, Maidens, Love, and Innocence
A love that began from a single love letter...?!
|Narisokonai Snow White||February 2011||Visual Novel|
|Dear My Living Dead||November 2013||One-shot|
|Nika Kiri!||July 2012||One-shot|
|Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun (Pilot)||June - August 2014||Special Edition|
|Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun||December 2014 - Present||Series|
|Houkago Shounen Hanako-kun||February 2018 - Present||Spin-off|
|Fox-Masked Guardian Spirit||-||One-shot|
|Money, Maidens, Love, and Innocence||-||One-shot|
- Apparently, Iro likes crabs and hates mushrooms.
- According to a Houkago Shounen Hanako-kun radio broadcast with the anime's voice actors, Aida and Iro met when they were in the same class. The letter they wrote reminisced on Iro's criticism on Aida's older artworks by saying they had room for improvement.
- Iro once tried to draw the characters without references, which produced some interesting results.
- Aside from the manga's release and other events, a majority of Aidairo's icons feature Hanako while their Twitter banners feature Tsukasa.
- According to the official anime Twitter, Aida's birthday is on May 9th and Iro's birthday is on February 21st.
- Aida and Iro's best swimming strokes are the dog paddle and backstroke respectively.
- Aida's favorite ice cream flavor is Love Potion and Iro's favorite is Popping Shower at Baskin-Robbins in Japan. Love Potion is a combination of white chocolate and raspberry ice cream decorated with chocolate hearts. Popping Shower is also made with white chocolate but with mint flavors and topped with pop rock candies.
- Iro has their own pet hamster. The hamster has a light underbelly and tan fur (it's implied to be a Djungarian, which is the breed of hamster that Nene currently has). Aida drew an illustration for it on their official Twitter post.
- They used to work for a visual name game called, Half-Baked Snow White. In the game's website information, Iro likes giraffes and other long-necked animals. They also managed a blog that is now retired.
- Aida used Paint Tool Sai and ComicStudio (now named Clip Studio Paint) for their illustrations.